Before you decide to start a blog that will be authored by a few people, take some time and ask yourself a few questions. Some of those questions can be like that: Do I know the bloggers that I am going to share my blog with and allow them to create posts for me? Are they my friends? Can I truly trust them that they will not post that will embarrass me? Do they have the same blogging standards as I do? Do they have similar interests as I do? Is their writing style compatible with my style?
There are definitely some disadvantages of having a few authors of one blog. There are a few reasons this happens:
1. Multiple bloggers will have to work with each other, which can often be challenging as it might be sometimes extremely hard to coordinate the work of a few people at the same time who might not even know one another in person. Striving to maintain high quality of posts, and taking responsibility for others at the same time are some aspects that will have to be taken into account here.
2. One of the disadvantages of having a few authors of one blog is that the authors might not be able to work with each other that easily and that they might have completely different goals in mind.
3. The next point to discuss is responsibility. If something goes wrong, who is to blame? If you have co-authors of a blog, you might end up taking responsibility for the actions of other bloggers even if you are not the one to blame for the whole situation, but somebody else is.
4. Any potential profit you make from your blog will be divided among a few people instead of just you taking advantage of it.
5. A blog might lose its personal character if a few people write posts for it at the same time.
6. Readers might not be sure who to address in case of questions and suggestions. This can cause embarrassing situations and it can turn some people off.
7. It is hard to coordinate the work of a few people, especially if they are not physically in one place.
Having a blog co-authored by a few people, no matter how passionate about writing they are, can be quite challenging. It can cause potential problems including insufficient communication and lack of regular updates.