If you are anything like me you might spend a lot of time visiting various websites. Have you ever been in a situation where your Google search led you to a website but after entering this website you noticed loads of information and did not know where to look for specific knowledge that you so desired? By activating the search option in Internet Explorer you can easily find on a website what you are looking for. Here is how you can do it:
From the top bar choose “Edit” and then go to “Find” or just press Ctrl+F. This will open a small window for you. In this window type a word or words that you are looking for. Press “Find Next”. You will be automatically directed to a place where the desired word or words are located. Repeat the process whenever it is necessary.
I have to admit that this feature is one of my favorites and once you learn to use it effectively, it will save you a lot of time.
It seems that everybody has a blog these days. Blogging became an important part of our lives. People blog because they want to communicate their thoughts, promote their company, or simply devote themselves to the art of writing. You might think that starting a blog is difficult or almost impossible. However, it is very far from being true. You might be a little intimidated by the unknown in the beginning, but you will soon discover that blogging is something that you can do very easily. If you would like to start a blog today, follow these easy steps.
-Choose a blog platform. Deciding on which blog platform you are going to start your blog should be your first step you are going to take. If you are a beginner and you are about to start your first blog, I recommend that you decide to start a free blog so that you will not have to pay anything. Websites such as Blogger.com or WordPress.com will be the first blogging platforms you may want to visit. A few other platforms are available to bloggers free of charge, but Blogger and WordPress are the most popular.
Before you decide to start a blog that will be authored by a few people, take some time and ask yourself a few questions. Some of those questions can be like that: Do I know the bloggers that I am going to share my blog with and allow them to create posts for me? Are they my friends? Can I truly trust them that they will not post that will embarrass me? Do they have the same blogging standards as I do? Do they have similar interests as I do? Is their writing style compatible with my style?
There are definitely some disadvantages of having a few authors of one blog. There are a few reasons this happens:
1. Multiple bloggers will have to work with each other, which can often be challenging as it might be sometimes extremely hard to coordinate the work of a few people at the same time who might not even know one another in person. Striving to maintain high quality of posts, and taking responsibility for others at the same time are some aspects that will have to be taken into account here.
2. One of the disadvantages of having a few authors of one blog is that the authors might not be able to work with each other that easily and that they might have completely different goals in mind.
3. The next point to discuss is responsibility. If something goes wrong, who is to blame? If you have co-authors of a blog, you might end up taking responsibility for the actions of other bloggers even if you are not the one to blame for the whole situation, but somebody else is.
4. Any potential profit you make from your blog will be divided among a few people instead of just you taking advantage of it.
5. A blog might lose its personal character if a few people write posts for it at the same time.
6. Readers might not be sure who to address in case of questions and suggestions. This can cause embarrassing situations and it can turn some people off.
7. It is hard to coordinate the work of a few people, especially if they are not physically in one place.
Having a blog co-authored by a few people, no matter how passionate about writing they are, can be quite challenging. It can cause potential problems including insufficient communication and lack of regular updates.
If you have ever tried to start an online business, you might have discovered that your college degree is of little use to you. Other things matter on the Internet such as experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude of those who want to start an online business. I am not saying that things you have learned in college are completely useless. On the contrary, they might help you understand some things a lot faster.
Before you set up an online business, remember to have the right attitude. Positive attitude is very important. Remember not to expect results immediately. Instead, be patient and try to find out what type of online business would suit you the most. Various search engines may help you make the right choice. You can also read success stories written by other online entrepreneurs in which they tell how they achieved success with their businesses. Remember that you cannot achieve success without a proper mindset.
If you plan on having many visitors to your blog, then you should definitely enable search on your website. If your blogging platform does not offer this feature by default, you may want to add a widget that will be able to do so. You can add such a search option by registering yourself at Technorati and claiming your blog there. I think that allowing search on your blog is especially important if your blog has many posts and otherwise it would be difficult for your readers to find specific articles. Adding various categories may help your readers to find relevant articles; however, the best way to find a specific post is by using a search tool.
Even though WordPress is so popular, there are still millions of blogs that are hosted on blogger. Not everyone knows this, but Blogger has an interesting feature called ‘Blogger Play’. Basically, it is a site where you can see a slideshow of images that were just uploaded to public Blogger blogs. You can click the image to be taken directly to the blog post it was uploaded to, or click rather click on ‘show info’ to see an overlay with the post title, a snippet of the body, and some profile information about the blogger who uploaded it. What is interesting about this site that it really shows a big diversity when it comes to the topics that bloggers blog about. This is one of the most fun features of Blogger.
What many bloggers are wondering about is whether it is a good idea to implement many images on a blog. Overall, it seems that incorporating images in some posts can make a blog look more appealing. Nonetheless, it is important that there should not be too many posts as images can slow down the loading on a website. There has to be a balance and it is up to the webmaster to decide how many multimedia elements to implement.
There can be a lot of problems with computers, and one of them is the case of your computer not switching on at all. There can be multiple possible reasons behind this problem, and I am going to list a few of them. Some of them are even too obvious for people to realize that this might be the problem:
• Did you make sure that you pressed all of the power switches “On” or “1”, so that your computer is receiving power in the first place.
• Is your computer’s power supply working?
• Your computer might have been overheating, and your CPU or other components might be damaged.
• Some of the cables might be loose.
Blogs are often referred to as online journals, and so many people tend to blog a lot about themselves. Is it a good or a bad thing? Before you start blogging, I think it is important to decide what your target audience will be. Do you plan to blog for your family and friends? If that is the case they will probably appreciate the fact that you write a lot about yourself, and might even expect you to do so. But what if you plan that your blog will be interesting to visitors from all over the world? First of all, since they do not know you really well they might not be interested that much in your personal life. Many bloggers make a mistake blogging about themselves too much, because they assume that everyone is interested in them. Very often that is not the case. Visitors are often more interested in the content of the site, rather then the author. I suggest deciding what your target audience is and blogging accordingly. Generally, if you want to blog to a larger audience, you may wish to write less about yourself, but more about the topic of your blog. Naturally, celebrities are in a different situation.
An interesting way to make visitors click more on your ads is to limit their choices. While it may not sound very well if you hear about this idea for the first time, it isn’t actually that bad after all. The principle behind this it is that you should try to create the most logical exit points aside from the back button. A visitor has to exit the website at some point, so you should try to make him click on ads to exit the site. Some people recommend removing links to other sites from your webpage and this also includes widgets or any other banners that are not ads. You can also go to the extreme and remove your categories, RSS feed link, recent posts and date archive to even further reduce the users choices. This strategy has a lot of potential, but your blog might suffer from it, as you will be getting rid of some essential parts of your website. On the other hand, you should not be worried that your blog is going to look empty once you remove almost all the widgets and links from it. I wouldn’t be worried about that. Your blog will load faster that way and your readers will be able to concentrate more on the content and on the ads.
RSS feeds are a very convenient way to subscribe to a blog. Many bloggers believe that having many RSS subscribers is a sign that people actually appreciate your blog. Of course, that can be a source of personal satisfaction. That is why in addition to working on obtaining new subscribers it is crucial not to lose the current ones. You are going to lose subscribers if they feel like they have sufficient reasons not to visit your blog anymore. Knowing such reasons should help you avoid any mistakes which you could otherwise commit. Here are some reasons why readers unsubscribe:
• Not interesting content. Of course, it is a matter of opinion if the content is interesting or not, but this is one of the main reasons people unsubscribe. This is also one of the hardest problems to fix, as you cannot please everyone at the same time. Usually putting a lot of work into writing your posts will result in interesting content.
• Not posting for long periods of time. If a subscriber suspects that you abandoned your blog, then no wonder that he will be tempted to unsubscribe. Try posting at least once or twice every week. This also depends on the niche, but not posting for a few weeks is a bad sign.
• Often making personal attacks in posts. Many readers would probably feel like in a middle of a fight.
• Lack of sense of community. Make sure that you communicate with your readers and listen to their feedback. This will ensure that they will feel appreciated.