Computers cost a lot of money, so it is logical that we want them to work fast. The more money we spend on them, the faster we want them to work. If so your computer is sluggish, here is what you can do:
- Loose cables, not properly attached RAM, or other computer components can make your computer unstable. You can reattach the cables, RAM, and clean any dust from your PC.
- Too many programs running at startup can be a reason for a computer to slow down. This happens when you install many programs, and you do not really observe whether they start at startup. After some time, you have so many programs loading, that it can drastically reduce performance and increase boot time. You can switch off some programs which you do not need, by going to Start-> Run -> Writing “msconfig” -> clicking OK, and deselecting some programs from the startup tab.
- Buying new components. That costs money, and depends if you want to buy new components every year or two years. In my opinion, it is better to first check what you can do about your sluggish computer without spending any money on it before you actually start spending your money. Buying new parts should be your last resort.
The spelling feature in Microsoft Word is very useful to many bloggers. Since we are required to post our posts without grammatical and spelling errors, it is good to do some spell checking before you submit your post. In my version of Word I usually do not have to check spelling manually. Word does it for me and corrects me immediately if I write something in a wrong way, or if I write a word that is not recognized. If you have an older version of Microsoft Word, you might need to activate an option to check your grammar and spelling. You can do it by either going to Tools in the upper menu and then selecting Spelling and Grammar, or simply by pressing F7 on your keyboard. Of course, spell checking is not perfect and you have to spot some mistakes by yourself; however, it should not be a problem if you are a careful reader of your posts. Recently, I noticed that the WordPress platform allows bloggers for spell checking while they are writing their posts. From what I remember, this useful feature was not available in the past. Before this feature became available, many bloggers had to write their posts in Word document and then copy it to WordPress, and then publish it. I am very happy that a feature like this exists.
AutoComplete is a quite useful tool in Firefox that allows your browser to remember what you enter in forms. For example, you may want Firefox to remember your personal details such as name, address and email, so that you do not have to type it each time. This can save you a lot of time, especially if you fill out various forms on a daily basis. This feature is great and I use it a lot, but there are also some potential problems. One of them is when you misspell some important information such as email. Next time when you will try to enter your email, Firefox will suggest this misspelled email. That is why when you make such a mistake it is important to erase the saved form data.
You can do that by going to Tools -> Options -> Privacy and clicking Clear Now. Just make sure you indicate what you want to clear. Of course, if you had any other information stored, it will also be deleted. That is why you should only use this feature when you are absolutely certain you want to do it. You should be especially careful if you have been using Firefox for many months, and possibly have a lot of personal details stored. Once you press Clear Now, all of them will be lost. Anyway, I believe that AutoComplete is a very useful feature, and I recommend that you take advantage out of it.
Ever since the summer started, I have been using my tablet more often than ever. I believe that it can be easily contributed to the fact that I have been spending so much of my free time in my garden. For obvious reasons, I cannot take my PC with me to the backyard, so my tablet is the only option I have. It gives me unlimited access to the Internet, which is a good thing because I can relax among the tress and flowers playing some of my favorite Facebook games while basking in the sun for hours.
My tablet has been rather useful to me so far. It is very light, which means that I can carry it anywhere around the house. Even when I spend some time in the kitchen preparing summer meals, I carry it with me to listen to some tunes.
If you have a tablet, what do you use it for? Do you believe that it serves as a suitable replacement for your PC, or is it rather a nice addition to your wide array of electronics you have at home? Personally, I believe that my tablet will never completely replace my PC due to all those features that only a PC can offer, but at the same time it serves me in so many different ways.
Windows icons are icons that are displayed on your desktop to represent different file types. You can use the default icons without any problems, but you can also create an icon from your favorite pictures. As a matter of fact, you can do it in many formats including 16×16, 32×32, 48×48, and 64×64. It can be quite fun and here is all you have to do:
- Visit the website of ImagIcon (deviouscodeworks.co.uk/imagicon) to download and install the software.
- Configure the settings of ImagIcon to your likings. By default it is an icon of 32×32.
- Open the program and drag the picture into the colored area. The icon will automatically be created.
Additionally, you can also use custom icons for your website to display the icon of your website in browsers. The software that I mentioned is free, but it does a great job. I do not believe that just because it is free it is in some way worse than paid software. The icons you create can be used for many purposes, but since the Internet is so popular, perhaps the most useful way you can utilize them is to set them as a default icon for your website. This software also features alpha transparency of icons, so as you see, it allows for a lot of customization.
Here are some reasons why your computer may be running slow:
- Problems with the registry of your operating system. Registry is a very important part of your operating system and many problems result from faulty registry. Additionally, it is not easy to repair the registry, contrary to what many registry cleaners promise. That is why very often you will ahve to perform a format. However, if you have System Restore enabled, you can simply restore your registry to an earlier version. Just make sure to restore it to a date when your computer was not showing any signs of trouble.
- Fragmented HDD can be a source of problems as well. If your files get spread in a random way, then the time it takes to read them increases and you may eventually notice lower performance. Many experienced users recommend defragmenting hard drives every month. The default Windows defragmenter works quite fine, but there are also commercial programs that defragment very well. Some of them even perform this task automatically in the background. While there are many commercial defragmenters, you do not necessarily need them to defragment your hard drive.
You can always make a fresh Windows install as it usually works. However, it is a lot easier to follow the advice given above, because it will save you a lot of time. Remember that you can ask for advice if you have any questions.
What is your favorite software? Is there any software you like to use? There are many people that enjoy using office suits as it allows them to perform many tasks. First of all, office suits usually feature a text editor, spreadsheet, and a presentation program. This can come in handy in offices, but it is also useful in home. Making complicated calculations is a lot easier in a spreadsheet, than using a regular calculator. Another very useful program is the browser, as browsers allow Internet users to browse the Web. Browsers are definitely one of my favorite programs.
• New blocked objects menu to temporarily allow any blocked plugin content instance on the page.
• Enhanced blocked content placeholders
• Prevention of Java exploits based on malformed class names.
• Enhanced bookmark and location bar management. I think that those features will be quite useful and will make this plugin even more desirable.
Whether searching for a small office for your upstart business or looking for a larger space for your growing business, you know that working with a real estate broker is your best option. A broker essentially brokers a deal between a buyer and a seller to ensure that both parties are happy. When searching for Chicago office space, there are a few simple things you should look for in a broker.
Listens to You
You want someone who will not only listen to you but only show you options that meets your needs. If the broker continually shows you office spaces that are outside of your budget or have too little or too much space, it’s time to move on and work with someone new.
Offers Multiple Choices
The best brokers are those who show you multiple choices. They might take you on tours of dozens of properties and show you multiple neighborhoods across the city to get a feel for what you want and need. Good brokers will also listen to your comments about each property and use your feedback to find better properties,
No Hidden Fees
Another thing to look for in a commercial broker is someone who want charge you hidden fees. Many brokers only accept payment once you sign a lease or agree to buy, and some only charge the sellers or landlords fees and not the buyers and renters. A broker who listens to you, doesn’t charge hidden fees and offers multiple choices is sure to find you the best office space.
There is a lot of discussion what blogging platforms should a new blogger choose. I think that starting a blog on a free domain is a good idea for those new to blogging. There are a lot of free platforms available, the most widely known is probably Blogger and WordPress. Blogger has been around from the late nineties, and at some point has been purchased by Google. Having a blog on Blogger is very easy and does not require knowledge of programming such as html. You simply create your account, choose a template, and basically you are ready to go. No fees, no contracts, no wondering which web hosting provider to choose. Everything is very easy, which is a good thing for someone who is just considering to start blogging. You can start blogging as soon as you want, modify your template, and do many other things. The only downside is the fact that once your blog becomes quite popular you may want to move your blog to a paid domain. That is because once you will be regarded as an experienced blogger, you will probably will appreciate the freedom your own domain would provide. However, most blogs get abandoned within the first few months. That is why you do not have to pay for something that you may abandon at some point anyway.