Ever since the summer started, I have been using my tablet more often than ever. I believe that it can be easily contributed to the fact that I have been spending so much of my free time in my garden. For obvious reasons, I cannot take my PC with me to the backyard, so my tablet is the only option I have. It gives me unlimited access to the Internet, which is a good thing because I can relax among the tress and flowers playing some of my favorite Facebook games while basking in the sun for hours.
My tablet has been rather useful to me so far. It is very light, which means that I can carry it anywhere around the house. Even when I spend some time in the kitchen preparing summer meals, I carry it with me to listen to some tunes.
If you have a tablet, what do you use it for? Do you believe that it serves as a suitable replacement for your PC, or is it rather a nice addition to your wide array of electronics you have at home? Personally, I believe that my tablet will never completely replace my PC due to all those features that only a PC can offer, but at the same time it serves me in so many different ways.
There are many types of blogs on the Internet. There are also many topics to write about. Some bloggers write about a variety of different topics, while others decide that they want to be portrayed as experts in only one field. I think that each decision has its advantages and drawbacks. One of the advantages of writing about only one topic is that it is a lot easier to be good at it. Eventually, you might be even recognized as an expert in your field if you will be really good at what you do. That can be especially the case if you put a lot of work into writing articles. On the other hand, writing about only one topic might get a bit boring after a while. This might be true if it is a niche in which there are not many interesting things happening. If that is the case, then you will be forced to write about some other topics anyway.
There is no clear rule what to do, and nobody is going to make you write about any particular topic. That is why you should remember to choose a niche that is of interest to you so that you would be motivated to write posts. There is no bigger mistake a blogger can make than choosing a topic of his blog that he doesn’t even like.
Before you decide to start a blog that will be authored by a few people, take some time and ask yourself a few questions. Some of those questions can be like that: Do I know the bloggers that I am going to share my blog with and allow them to create posts for me? Are they my friends? Can I truly trust them that they will not post that will embarrass me? Do they have the same blogging standards as I do? Do they have similar interests as I do? Is their writing style compatible with my style?
There are definitely some disadvantages of having a few authors of one blog. There are a few reasons this happens:
1. Multiple bloggers will have to work with each other, which can often be challenging as it might be sometimes extremely hard to coordinate the work of a few people at the same time who might not even know one another in person. Striving to maintain high quality of posts, and taking responsibility for others at the same time are some aspects that will have to be taken into account here.
2. One of the disadvantages of having a few authors of one blog is that the authors might not be able to work with each other that easily and that they might have completely different goals in mind.
3. The next point to discuss is responsibility. If something goes wrong, who is to blame? If you have co-authors of a blog, you might end up taking responsibility for the actions of other bloggers even if you are not the one to blame for the whole situation, but somebody else is.
4. Any potential profit you make from your blog will be divided among a few people instead of just you taking advantage of it.
5. A blog might lose its personal character if a few people write posts for it at the same time.
6. Readers might not be sure who to address in case of questions and suggestions. This can cause embarrassing situations and it can turn some people off.
7. It is hard to coordinate the work of a few people, especially if they are not physically in one place.
Having a blog co-authored by a few people, no matter how passionate about writing they are, can be quite challenging. It can cause potential problems including insufficient communication and lack of regular updates.
Blogging is all about social activities that we are involved in every day. The more engaged in those activities we are, the more satisfaction blogging will give us, and the better bloggers we will be. I’ve prepared the following list to share with you how you can participate in such social activities. Here goes the list:
1. Comment on other people’s blogs. Do it as much as possible and whenever possible. Don’t you just love being part of the blogosphere? It is visiting other people’s blogs and reading interesting posts that makes the life of every blogger so interesting and exciting. I think it is natural for bloggers to check out other blogs whenever their time allows.
2. Reward people for visiting your blog. You can do it in a few ways: by visiting and commenting on their blogs and by displaying on your homepage top commentators who post the biggest number of comments on your blog. This will definitely encourage your readers to comment. By doing so you will be linking to them, which will also benefit them. I know of at least a few bloggers who use very successful methods to encourage others to leave comments. The truth is simple, everyone likes his readers commenting on his blog, unless it is spam. Don’t you enjoy visiting your website and finding out that there are at least a few positive comments?
Whatever you choose to do, make sure that you have fun, and make sure that you participate in the rich social life that the Internet has to offer to all those bloggers who enjoy staying in touch with each other and encouraging others. If you have any other ideas about how else a blogger can participate, please share it with me by leaving a comment.