Since its launch in 2003 WordPress has quickly gained a reputation as one of the most popular content management sites in the world. As of January 2015, WordPress was being used by over 74 million sites and uploading new posts every single second. But is WordPress right for you? In a word: yes. Below is a list of reasons why.
- WordPress is free. Whether you are blogging for fun or for profit the benefits of a free website are obvious.
- It’s easily customizable. With all the available themes and options, you can easily tailor your site to fit your brand. There are thousands of options at the click of a button!
- Immediate results. Your blog is ready to launch right out of the box with no software to install, etc.
- SEO friendly. WordPress is built to interact with search engine robots. This helps make it easier for the rest of the world to find your website! Due to this WordPress is the preferred host by the most popular search engines.
- Mobile-friendly. With the WordPress app you can update content from your computer or with your smart phone.
- Emphasis on security. WordPress takes the safety and security of its users extremely seriously. Since the launch of version 3.7 they use automatic software updates to help prevent attacks.
- Ease of use. You don’t have to be a computer genius to create a beautiful site; WordPress is famous for their “five-minute launch”. Should you need help you’ll be easily able to get it via the large WordPress community.
- Adaptability. Your WordPress site can grow as your brand does. Need to upload media? No problem. Want to have multiple admins, schedule posts, or create a membership service? They can do that as well.
If you are thinking of starting a blog or website it’s well worth your time to consider WordPress. It’s 100% free and all you have to lose is 5 minutes of your time. Check them out today!